To members, friends and visitors,
welcome to the brand new BSAC website.
To celebrate the launch, we’re announcing the winners of the ‘Through the window’ competition. To remind you, this was for members to submit an artwork in whichever medium they favour of a view from their home during the coronavirus lockdown.
We had an enthusiastic response which generated a wide-ranging choice of subject matter, styles and mediums. The submissions were judged by members of the art club committee and here you can see the winners and other entries along with some of the judge’s comments. Although looking through the work is most enjoyable, judging is not so easy, particularly with such a high standard of creativity and ability, so as you can imagine, it was difficult to arrive at outright winners.
Nevertheless, here they are: each one wins vouchers for Ken Bromley art materials so congratulations to them and to all those who entered with such interesting and innovative artwork.
2nd Prize: Rowan Turnbull
- Love the freedom of the painting and the quality of the underlying drawing.
- Colours are gorgeous and no matter how long you look at the painting, it always
- I love the loose and joyful brushwork and colour palette in this painting. It is beautifully executed, understated and fresh.
3rd Prize: Brenda Thomas
- This is refreshingly different. I love the colours and the textures in this quintessentially Budleigh image!
- Iconic image of Budleigh foreshore. Again how the inside domestic world connects with the outside, and her artful placement of detail - dog, boat, beach huts.
- The stitch work suggesting waves has a lovely swirling movement.